Sunday, September 19, 2010

Look at me! I'm blogging!


All right everyone, this is my epic first post. Basically I wasn't sure if I should start a blog because I'm neither engaged nor married and so my life wasn't exciting enough to talk about. However I was talked into it by various others so here we go. Just a minor intro, I am currently living in Orem Utah, studying psychology at Brigham Young University and am manager at Hogi Yogi. So my good friend Justin Pilmer has a blog and on it I noticed that he was given a 30-day blog challenge, one that I am going to steal and attempt to do. The first challenge is to post a recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself. So here goes!


So this is me and my bestie Miss Deba Jenkins at a masquerade party that we threw for her berfday. And I guess that begins the first fact about myself . . .
1) I will take any opportunity to dress up. I have a huge box devoted to costumes. Sometimes me and my friends will just make up an excuse to dress up. For example, Deba was in a play and a few of us went to go see it. So what did we dress up in? 80's getup of course! Why? Because we could.
2)  I have an oral fixation. I sucked my thumb for much longer than I should have growing up. Nowadays you will always catch me chewing gum, biting my nails, chewing pencils, kissing (just kidding) or even wearing my retainer at night. Not sure why I do it, maybe it's a comfort thing.
3) My first CD ever was *NSYNC No Strings Attached and I still listen to them all the time.
4) When I get bored, I write lyrics. If you look at my notebooks from school the margins are full of them. Even some days when I'm really bored, I'll turn on the radio and just write the lyrics that I hear.
5) It is one of my life goals to make my handwriting into a computer font.
6) I have bunions on both of my feet. But they don't bother me so I never felt like I should get them removed. Besides, they are like a part of me, removing them would be like taking a part of my soul
7) My eyes drastically change color from different shades of blue and green.
8) I have this OCD thing where I have to be on the right side of people. It makes me feel uncomfortable and will linger in the back of my mind if I am on the left side. Don't ask me why.  
9) I never learned how to dive.
10) I cannot stand country music. Best way to torture me.
11) I've never eaten school lunch in my life. My mom made me PB&J from the time I was in kindergarten til I graduated. And believe it or not I never got sick of it. Even now I make myself a sandwich for when I eat lunch on campus.
12) Not sure why but I love having the hiccups. I guess because they make me laugh, they're funny if you think about it.
13) My all time favorite treat is Nesquick and vanilla ice cream. But it can't just be sprinkled on top, it has to be mixed in until it's a soup, then you can eat it.
14) I've never dated a blond.
15) I love love love love love running! It energizes, reduces stress, clears my mind, and is just so rewarding! I have also strengthened many relationships with others by running with them. And I have come to a decision that my husband will go running with me whether he likes it or not!

All right, well hopefully that gives you a little insight into who I am. I have a feeling that this blogging thing is going to be a new obsession of mine. Hopefully my life can stay interesting enough to have things to talk about! The End.

5 comments:

  1. If I had done one of these before you, I would have accused you of stealing #10 and #11 from me. I'm making your blog a link on mine. FYI. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much I didn't even know about you! Look forward to more blogs. You are officially on our blog reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I want more insite on your life and here it is, dream/wish come true! Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I learned some new things about you. The most important thing is that you are my ever-loving little Carebear and I LOVE being your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. Tell everyone why the name, "Cara Face."

    ReplyDelete