Ok this is a little late but I had to blog about my new job! First, I will give my tribute to the good old Hogi Yogi. I started working there when I was 15. It was the cool place to work and one of the hangout places in high school so I felt pretty awesome working there...at first. After a few years, I became the general manager and my favorite boss Carissa Hansen left and that's when it all went downhill. The job became too stressful and time-consuming for what I was getting paid. However, I will miss a few things:
1) 50% off the food, I miss my stacked clubs and oreo milkshakes!
2) The fun atmosphere: we always decorated for holidays, played games, made up new recipes, played golf with tomatoes, played on the roof, and other fun stuff!
3) The people! We had an awesome team and I miss seeing them all the time!
I was lucky enough to find another job 2 weeks before the store closed down. I am now working at the Center for Change, a center for girls with eating disorders and it is the best job in the world! It has a little bit of everything I've wanted to do!
First, of course, I get to be a psychologist. I spend time sitting and listening to problems of others and try to give them advice. I go to group therapies and am learning so much about different treatment methods (my major is psychology so all of this is right up my alley)
Second, I get to be a waitress. I restock things for meals and clean up after them.
Third, I get to be a secretary. I make copies, hole punch papers, put together binders and file papers.
Fourth, I get to be a librarian. I check in/out books, and organize them into their rightful place.
Fifth, I'm a care tech. I flush toilets, do 15-minute checks on the girls, check for contraband, take them on fun outings, chart on the girls, sit and watch them get ready for bed, and enforce all of the rules!
It is such a fun job and I look forward to going to work everyday. I never know what is going to happen. And even though it may be really dramatic and emotional sometimes, I love knowing that I can be there for the girls to feel comfortable to talk to, to be their friend, to be a good example, and to change their lives!




Golfing with tomatoes? I am so sad that I have never heard this story. Or maybe I just forgot... with sooo many stories over sooo many years ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, and I am so glad that you love your new job!! :)
ReplyDelete